Posted October 24, 2008on:
This Caramel Slice recipe has to be one of the easiest recipes ever. I always have a can of condensed milk in the pantry so whenever i’m feeling like a sugar hit i just whip these up. The only thing i don’t like about this is that there is a lot of waiting around for things to set. If you’re impatient like me, you can skip that part. It’ll still taste yummy, just won’t look as good.
1 cup plain flour (sifted)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
125 gms unsalted butter (melted)
400 gms can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs golden syrup
60 gms butter (melted)
60 gms copha
125 gms good quality dark chocoalte (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line a 3 cm, 28 x 28cm (base) lamington pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Press into prepared lamington pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and whisk for 8 minutes, or until golden.
- Pour over cooked base and bake for 12 minutes or until firm.
- Cool completely and refridgerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Place copha and chocolate into a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until melted.
- Pour over caramel and refridgerate to set.
- Cut into square and serve.